Tuesday 27 February 2024

the allotment as lifestyle - palstaviljely lifestyle:na

I made a mini-collection based on the lifestyle of an allotment gardener. Which I am one myself too.








I was making this collection during the heart of winter, so it was extra nice to work with such summery themes and of course I pulled out all my floral scraps and made sure the frozen January landscapes of my greyscale urban surroundings didn't have a say in how my collection would look like.

I designed a 5-piece collection, of which I succesfully realized a summer hat, a gardening journal and a gardener's tool belt / apron. I would have liked to make a bag that goes on the bike, but that proved to be a bigger job and a longer process that my schedule allowed for, and I tried to make gardening gloves but they didn't work out.




I cant wait for the growing season to start so I could model my collection - I reckon the swing-around apron will be a really useful accessory.

*

Suunnittelin ja valmistin malliston, inspiraationa oli palstaviljelijän lifestyle. Olen itse palstaviljelijä kesäisin, niin tuntui hyvältä täyttää syvätalven arkkipäiviäni kukkakuoseilla palstapuuhista pohdiskellen.

Mallisto koostuu asusteista ja tarvikkeista, toteutin niistä nämä kolme: hellehattu, puutarhurin työkaluvyö ja puutarhapäiväkirja. Polkupyörän sivulaukut olivat liian haasteelliset toteuttaa näytön aikataulun sisällä. Työhanskat yritin kyllä valmistaa, mutta ne eivät onnistuneet.

Olisi jo puutarhakausi alkannut! Haluan jo testata miten mallistoni käytännössä toimii, erityisesti mun suosikki: tuo puutarhaessu-työkaluvyö. Nähdään palstalla!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...