Friday 1 February 2013

a trip and a teaser


I have been out of town for a few days on a little journey that came at a short notice and I couldn't refuse going. It was very refreshing and a much needed break from the sleepy little town I live in at the moment. However, I have not prepped any posts in advance so now I am running a bit behind with the blogging schedule...no regrets though, I love travelling!

While I was waiting at the airport for the connecting flight, I tried to at least reply to the comments the yoga post received, but it proved a bit hicuppy so I'm yet to respond to most of you. I'd like to say thank you here for your kind words, I was very surprised how much you guys liked that post!

Before the trip I visited my usual thrifty stomping grounds a couple of times and been quite lucky with finds, so let me tease you with a little image below, and I will make a proper post on the individual items for the next flea Friday.


Excited?

I've also received the first Craft It Forward package from Suki, and the Liebster Award from Evdokia so there's plenty to catch up on!

Have a great weekend everyone, I will see you next week with detailed posts on all of the above!

4 comments:

  1. Woah, the view out of the airplane window makes me a bit nervous! Are those engines supposed to look like that?

    Hope you had lots of fun on your trip! Going away for a few days is always great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was helping out a friend with a trade show, so it was busy but we had a lot of fun too. the hotel she booked was awesome, i've never stayed anywhere so stylish before...trés chic! :)

      oh, that picture of the airplane rotor is sooo strange! i was so surprised how that picture came out. you know what they look like when the plane is standing still - well, when we were flying they looked like a silvery whirr, barely visible at all, turning so fast. but when I tried to take a picture of that, my ifone camera picked up this instead... so strange... during the whole journey i was thinking about how undefinable our experience is of reality - it's deep but if you think about what the object actually is like, then how your eye sees it when it's in flight and how the camera sees it.... my head was hurting all evening ;)


      Delete
  2. Whoa, where did you go? I love flying to be honest haha, it feels great! I never get nervous, do you?

    Have a great February :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Paris, via London... I don't usually get nervous but sometimes I get a bad migraine headache on the flight, which i'm always wary of...but i think it just depends on if i drank enough water or not. with the fluid restrictions it can be a bit tricky... I got my water taken away from me again while changing to the connecting flight, even though I had bought that water at the other airport after checking in...bah :)

      I hope you have a great month too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...