Friday 18 March 2016

flaaag!


A pennant, actually. It's just that my toddler points and yells FLAAAG in Hungarian every time we see a flag somewhere. Or a pennant, like the time when I found this one in the cozy little charity shop we don't often go to.

It's a small little place, with an old lady or two manning it. I try to be very careful when we visit. There are glassware, pottery and all sorts of random stuff everywhere - which I want none of knocked off and have to be paid for...

But of course my little boy spots a red toy snow shovel on a low shelf as quickly as I notice a whole box of old pennants on an upper one. It was tricky to look through it while trying to restrain the boy from scraping imaginary snow along the shop floor. I did my best as quick as poss and fished out three little pennants for a penpal and this glorious big blue one for ourselves.

After a lot of in-shop snow works and shouting flag in Hungarian, we paid for the pennants and also bought the toy shovel (he would not let go of it). It was very cheap, but was it broken already or did we do that in the shop? I'll never know but it didn't matter. We went and had some real snowy fun with it in the nearby park. And just as well, the next day it was all melting away and it's been getting more springlike ever since.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the story of the little shovel that made the snow go away and brought spring :). It is also spring here, and the blossomed trees smell so nice in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet story! I remember having to buy something my toddler wouldn't let go of. Those moments are memory makers for sure. I am partial to fish so I love your pennant. We had light snow here today. Not Spring here yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...