Tuesday 5 July 2022

materials and colourways

I have been separating materials to begin on the project, thinking in tree bark, logs, forest floor, moss, lichen, woodpecker and timberman beetle. Still found the sum of the selected colours too colourful. Too uncentered in a way.



So I took the colour of the base material ie the pair of jeans, the leather jacket as the driving colour for each piece respectively. Almost sure that the bird and the insect will be similarly colour coordinated, since the patterning I’m thinking to create will suggest them clearly.





I’m pleased to notice that the majority of the scraps I ended up on are also textiles that were once worn on the body - I have panels from old shirts and blouses, an apron, pajamas, flannel shirt. I’m pleased because it aligned with the concept of the base of the project, ie the thrown away pieces of clothing.

I’m also going to try to incorporate pieces of a blouse I made and cyanotyped many years ago for a project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...