Thursday, 1 January 2015

Make, Thrift & Tell - the challenge for 2015



First and foremost: Happy Happy New Year! Hope all of you have had a great time during the holidays!

I'd like to start this year on here not with resolutions, lists or promises, but with launching a monthly challenge that kind of replaces all of those.

The idea is to have a guiding theme for the thrifty, crafty, blog-writey soul who has only a little free time each month (like me who's parenting a young baby). The title says it all: make something or thrift something and write about it, relating to the themes set for each month. Of course it's fine to make AND thrift something if you've got the time.

'Making' can be any making with hands, in-progress or complete, as long as it's made by you. Thrifting is just that; think flea markets, charity shops, one's junk is someone else's treasure and the thrill of secondhand finds. Write as shortly or lengthily about your crafted or thrifted articles as you wish.

The themes are meant to be random enough to set a good challenge, and flexible enough to give a wide berth for associations. They are not following the seasonal celebrations on purpose but there's no reason why they couldn't be tied in with the month's marked festivities if desired. It's my first stab at setting this kind of challenge. I hope it will be a good one - sparking thought, inspiration and  interesting posts each month. We'll see!


The link-up will be posted once a month on the 1st and will run until the end of the month so you can link up as inspiration and luck strikes. January's linkie will start tomorrow as an exception.

In addition to the main link-up, a separate post with highlights from the previous month may be compiled, entries allowing. For this highlights post I may borrow the entrants' images which will be back-linked and notified to the persons and blogs concerned. Please note that by taking part in the link-up you automatically give me permission to do that.

Whew, so that's the big idea! I'm slightly nervous about whether the linkie will work or not to inspire, but all that will be revealed further down the line. For now, I hope that it sounds good to you!

See you tomorrow with the first month's theme - Pattern!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Good Idea with your link-up. I just mentioned it on my blog, so that more people can join. Have a wonderful 2015!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too, Steph! Thanks for the mention - I'm curious to see what this idea will yield :) x

      Delete
  2. this is going to be AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aniko,
    Thank you for your kind words, and I am sorry you missed the party link up last week. This weeks party starts at 12 am Friday morning. I hope you can stop by and link up. Your challenge would be a perfect thing to share. I am loving your make-thrift-tell challenge. I love to craft and I have been wanting to bring some of my crafting and DIY onto my blog. Your challenge sounds perfect for doing this! Best of luck to you! I will be back to link up soon!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Aniko. Here's hoping I can join in! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...