Tuesday, 16 July 2013

orange july

Orange is one of my favourite colours, and it's the theme for this month's Colour Me Happy!

vintage orange rubber squeeky toy dog Edward Mobley 50s 1950s 1958


To participate I decided to photograph one of my favourite orange finds: that rubber dog. It's one of quite a few orange objects I thrifted but definitely the only one that is so ugly it's beautiful... As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that saying is very true.

While we are on the orange trail; I promised to show the pattern of that pair of vintage orange curtains which coloured me very happy the other day. It is tricky to photograph, but after a lot of attempts I managed to take a couple of pictures where both colour and pattern appears correct and clear(ish).

vintage retro orange curtains thrifted 60s 70s floral wave linen weave pattern


They are waiting to be put up in the bedroom, I just need to shorten them a bit. I wonder what I'll do with the excess fabric? Right now, all I can think of is the obvious - cushions - but I feel that the orange cut-offs are merited to become something more exciting than that.

While mulling over that, I'm gonna go and see who else likes orange over at the Colour Me Happy get-together.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot ! - the same to you.
    Really great blog you´ve got here
    ♥ greets
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Nina, nice to see you here! Thanks for your comment and for following!

      Delete
  2. Bright red orange is my favorite color! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find orange items irresitable at the moment... :)

      Delete
  3. I don't have a lot of orange around, but I love it too - such a cheerful, happy colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has definitely something about it that always makes me happy to buy orange colour items :)

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh I love those vintage curtains!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your orange dog is so cool! Really like him...
    Christiane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christiane - he's a cutie, i'm glad others share my enthusiasm for his vintage charm :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...