Tuesday, 18 December 2012

easy last-minute Xmas: candle holder covers

What's a blogger to do, if there's no good daylight, no good photos and it's almost Christmas?

Well, what I've done is I've reached out to some bloggie friends and asked to borrow from their blog to showcase their ideas that I've seen there and got inspired by.

So in this last-minute mini-series in the last week of the run-up to Christmas, I'd like to show off some brilliant ideas by some brilliant bloggers which result in quick creations very suitable for last-minuters like moi.

via Weird Amiga

I swooned when I saw these gently glowing votives on the Weird Amiga blog.

They have such a delicious 50's modernist look about them, it made my heart tingle. Imagine my delight when I found out that I can have these very same ones for free - in exchange for a bit of time invested in cut'n'paste.

They are actually plain glass candle holders covered over with printable paper designs offered up for your DIY-ing pleasure by Anabel aka the kooky and creative lady behind Weird Amiga.

Head over to here to download the free printable. Read Anabel's instructions here - to make sure they turn out safe & correct!

6 comments:

  1. Those are just adorable! I love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment!

      all credits to Anabel, those patterns are truly sweet! i love how she got inspired by her neighbours' wintry garden visible over the fence for these designs! such a creative lady!

      Delete
  2. Wow, these are lovely, what a great idea!

    By the way, in response to your comment on my blog, I think there are times in life when sleep and recharging is necessary before getting into a creative phase again - everything in its own time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suki, thanks for your comment! So true!

      I hope you've had a lovely Christmas and a good start to the new year!

      x

      Delete
  3. oh i know what you mean.
    right now in a city i have not visited since childhood. would love to get lost with my camera and discover the place,
    but since i am here to do a a workshop, most hours of daylight are spent inside the studio...and then...no photos to be taken!
    and christmas...oh well, lets try to stay sane! and to enjoy it rather than stress through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hei Sara,

      Christmas turned out peaceful and quiet, duvet-ed over by heaps of lovely snow. Which has melted superfast for the new year! :) what do you know, it all looks like new beginnings,even for the winter landscape here...

      I hope your Christmas was peaceful too! Happy New Year! x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...