Friday, 27 July 2012

flea friday: a Fisher Price wagger

Meet Little Snoopy, a wooden pull-along doggy made by the American company Fisher-Price. He is from the 1960's.


He must have been much loved and played with by his previous owner, and it's showing in lots of wear & tear. His red string is missing, the paper is worn off some parts of the wooden body...but in my eyes wear&tear makes a vintage toy quite high ranking, as long as all the main bits and main features are there. It means that it lived a very happy life in its prime and made his little owners very happy. That is more valued by me than 'mint in the box'.

My brother used to have a later edition from the 1980's with red wheels. He loved his wag-along Snoopy and took him out whenever he could pulling him around town, with its wagging springy tail and wobble-along wheels. Many people stopped and made adoring comments - my brother looked super cute followed by this toy pet.

The memory of it always makes me smile and that's why I had to adopt battered old Snoop for €5.


Also, I love his perfect doggy shape, his sweet face and adoring eyes.


To see an array of flea-market finds stumbled upon by others go see this linkie on Her Library Adventures' blog!

10 comments:

  1. aww, I'd like to adopt one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His smile is cute! I've been on a flea market yesterday, but have found only a few small but lovely things:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love his smile too! They designed him so cute :)
      I find it quite hard to come away from flea-markets buying nothing, I feel I have to get at least one little thing - but I've been more disciplined lately. I went back for this doggy, luckily he was still there :)
      Will you show what you bought on your blog?

      Delete
  3. what a pretty childhood picture of you down here. and it goes well with your fleamarket find id say! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why, thank you! :)
      that nursery had a lot of toys, this little waggy dog wouldn't look out of place on those shelves for sure.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. See why he was so hard to leave on the shelf? :)

      Delete
  5. I had one of these little cuties as a child. I always wish I still had it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did your one had a little wooden shoe attached on the string?

      I keep seeing that in pictures but don't recall my brother's having a shoe...and this one definitely doesn't have it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...